Monday, May 25, 2009

Going Places


Although Drew took his first steps over a month ago, his preferred way of moving about has continued to be crawling. He is a lightning-fast crawler, but I think his knees are starting to feel the burn now that he's in shorts much of the time.

For the past month, Drew has taken a few steps every day...sometimes as many as 15 at a time. And just this past week, he started standing up on his own and taking off with no encouragement whatsoever.

On Saturday those little legs got quite a workout when he walked back and forth, from me to my mom, about 20 times. He burned even more calories when Matt, Adam and Char joined in and Drew walked from person to person to person. He absolutely loved being the center of all of our attention...and we loved it every bit as much.




.
So much for that whole 'not blogging for a week' thing. I just couldn't stay away!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Aw look at him go! He's getting closer and closer to being a biped most of the time! :) He just looked so excited to be doing it too, I love it!

RedWifey said...

Congratulations Drew!!! That's so fun!

Kyla said...

He's such a cutie!!!

sheree said...

yay! That video had me so excited...I was shouting and screaming along with you all, ha!

Go drew!!

MamaRose said...

WISH I HAD BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS SO MUCH for the video--it's ALMOST like we were THERE!!!!!!!!!

That's SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some folks MAY not think so--with their 2nd child, but, it's HIS FIRST TIME--I THINK IT'S VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO, DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL, RoRo

Anonymous said...

I'm very thankful I was there to share in the fun. I LOVE how excited he got and that sweet smile he had on his face as he walked toward each of us. I can only imagine how great of a walker Drewie will be in July!

Love to all,
Aunt Char