Monday, July 20, 2009

In the past 12 days, I.....


  • slip n slided my heart out.

  • started a new cleaning/organizational schedule for our home.

  • nursed a broken heart.

  • took care of my sick husband.

  • took care of my sick 4 year old.

  • sat through an entire church service without having to utter the word "Sssshh!" one time (only because I was there by myself).

  • pigged out on ice-cream with my girlfriend.

  • became a 2nd cousin for the 12th time.

  • provided drinks for 3 Mexican men.

  • screamed at my television.

  • hung up the boys first articles of clothing from Janie & Jack (thanks again, Char!).

  • changed the nastiest diaper I've seen in my entire life.

  • cannon-balled into the deep end.

  • held down my screaming, sobbing son for a painful splinter removal.

  • nearly pulled my hair out because of a fussy 1 year old.

  • cried during 2 different movies.
  • drove Matt's new (to us) company vehicle.

  • held and snuggled a toddler that didn't belong to me.

  • fell asleep in the a.m. hours for 8 straight nights.

  • was repeatedly stunk out of rooms in my house by a pug named Mugs.

  • hugged my mama's neck.

  • watched a naked boy climb a house.

  • spent almost an entire night in the bathroom.

  • survived a day on 3 hours of sleep.

  • got stuck on a slide.
  • hugged Char good-bye after a 5 day visit.
  • fell in love with my husband all over again.

  • wondered if it was possible to die from diarrhea.

  • lost 4 pounds.

  • miraculously recovered.

  • learned everything you ever wanted to know about Megalosaurus.

  • was sick with worry for someone I love.

  • reminisced for hours with some of our dearest friends, Todd & Gretchen, that we haven't seen in nearly 3 years.

  • was named the Blokus champion.

  • gave Drew a haircut.
  • counted my blessings.

  • lost at putt-putt.

  • was molested by a camel, scratched a lion's belly, and had a deer eating out of the palm of my hand.

  • stocked our house with all-natural cleaning products.

  • listened to Matt obsess over Machu Picchu.

  • made inappropriate comment about Matt obsessing over Machu Picchu.

  • wondered how car sick I will get on the now inevetible trip I'll be making to Machu Picchu.

  • heard Todd throw-up.

  • heard a preacher audition.

  • witnessed Todd's miraculous recovery.

  • ate an entire pan of brownies with 3 other people in 1 sitting.

  • wished my sister-in-law a happy birthday.

  • bid farewell to Todd & Gretchen.

  • hosted life group.

  • consumed even more chocolate, this time in the form of cake.

  • gained 4 pounds.

  • spent another night in the bathroom and started another day on less than 3 hours of sleep.

  • prayed for another miraculous recovery.

And that's why I haven't blogged much this past week.

Hope to be back soon!

11 comments:

Kyla said...

Feel better soon!!

I've done this one: "survived a day on 3 hours of sleep" way too many times! At least twice just last week!

Candy said...

Oh my goodness, I need a nap now! :)

MamaRose said...

Well, I was WONDERING WHAT I had MISSED OUT ON in your home, being gone to Dallas for a 'long' weekend & NOW, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLESS ALL OF YOUR HEARTS WHO WERE SICK--sounds like ALL of you, huh?!

SO GLAD for the 'good' things you listed & HOPE all the 'bad' things are OVER, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK our doggies had some diarrhea while I was gone, too!!!!!

Hope to TALK to ya'll SOON & catch up SOME MORE--THANKS for your CUTE blog--I LOVE it that way--except for, we DON'T KNOW what Michui Pichui IS?????????????--although, it SOUNDS familiar!!!!!!!!!!!
MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom

Matt and Rachel said...

You poor gal!! Maybe when everyone's well we'll play -- our house (mainly me) is nursing summer colds & it sounds like you guys don't need those germs either! :)

I've decided in recent years that God gives mommies the VERY special ability to survive on almost NO sleep. I feel for you, oh yes, I do!!!!

Kristin said...

Oh my!

And "all natural cleaning products" now?...tell me more about your switch. :)

And I'm sorry you've been so sick. :(

sheree said...

lol, this post cracked me up.

So sorry you guys have been sick but it sounds like you've more than made up for it ;)

And please do tell what Janie and Jack articles you hung up...you know I am obsessed!

Krissi said...

"Molested by a camel" had me rolling on the floor! I love this blog! You are the best!!!

Gretchen said...

Cracked me up, AJ! We love you guys!

Jennifer said...

WOWZER!!!! Can't wait to see some of the pictures. Especially the lion and camel.

MamaRose said...

OH, I bet WHEN you 'screamed at your TV' was WHILE WATCHING 'The Bacholorette'--wasn't it?????!!!!!!

That's GREAT that you 'Fell in Love with your Husband, all over, AGAIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO HAD THE BROKEN HEART?--may I ask--hopefully, NOT one of you 4!!!

AND, WHAT KIND OF NEW COMPANY CAR DID MATT GET??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just very curious, as usual. LOVE YOU ALL, Mom

Aunt Char said...

Fantastic post! However, getting to the end of it made my jet lag even worse...ha! You are more than welcome for the J&J clothes. Please get a pic for me of Drewie in those shorts!

You have been a busy lady lately. Hopefully this wk both of us can get some rest!

Love you!