Sunday, September 1, 2013

Five Favorites

1.  At some point (well over a year ago) my boys got in the habit of getting me a little something or other whenever I went on a girls night out.  I don't know how I lucked into that deal, going out with girlfriends and coming home to a fun surprise but I'm not about to question it!  From hand-picked flowers to lotions and perfumes...they know how to spoil their mama.  A couple of weeks ago I came home to this adorable Tervis cup.  I'm known to have a bit of a thermos/cup addiction and I have been wanting one of these for ages.  I rarely leave the house without it these days. 

 2.  This Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta was one of the new recipes I tried this summer and it instantly became a favorite.  I've made it several times since then and I think it makes Matt fall even more in love with me every time I serve it.




3.  Matt found a steal of a deal on woot.com a while back for a Sunbeam steamer.  One of the best purchases we've ever made.  Neither of us have ironed one single thing since we bought it (and Matt even wears button-up dress shirts to work more often than not).  It's so quick and easy and has probably saved us dozens of hours since we bought it.  Huge fans!




4.  I've been reading like a mad woman this past year.  I've found it's one of the only things that calms my mind/heart and keeps me from spending hours on the computer when I get into obsessive-adoption mode.  I've been averaging about 3 books a week and often read until the early morning hours because I have a hard time putting a good book down.  One of the best books I've read this year is one I just finished this weekend, Into the Free.  I nearly woke Matt up, squealing with delight, at 1:00 am on Saturday when I realized the sequel is coming out this month!  It is seriously superb (and only $1.99 on Kindle right now).





5.  Lastly, I would love for all my friends/family to read this post "dear friends of waiting adoptive moms: some things to know (also, we're sorry)".  I found myself nodding along with just about everything this adoptive mama had to say.  I realize I am a crazy, preoccupied mess these days and am thankful for those of you that are loving me through it!

1 comments:

Kyla said...

You are a lucky mama, indeed! That dinner looks so good. I SO miss breaded chicken and pasta. Sigh.

I wish so much that I could fast forward you to the future so your baby girl could be in your arms already! But until then, I'm praying for your crazy-self. ;)